I originally assumed I wouldn't have a bridal shower, and when my maid of honor asked me about it months ago, I told her I didn't want one. Sitting in a room with all the women wedding guests playing odd games while the men are off somewhere else didn't feel like me. However, my best friend always knows exactly what to do. She informed me that "of course you're having a shower!" and promptly declared she would host it herself.
Nicole really outdid herself. She hosted the perfect shower for us as a couple, and we had so much fun this past Sunday!
We spent the day outside with our closest friends and family, enjoying the day, each others company, and some wonderful food.
Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts to everyone who made the trip to celebrate with us. You piled into cars for hours, you prepared food, brought decorations, put on your party attire and showed up to help us celebrate. We appreciate it so much, and love you all.
Highlights of the day included:
- Having all of my bridesmaids together in one spot for the first time!
- Watching my niece eat olives off her fingers, play with balloons, throw beach balls at her cousin's head, play in a box...
- Practicing smooshing cake in Tom's face.
- Trying out our new cornhole set, a joint effort between me and my dad.
- Realizing (thanks to Nicole's amazing picture walls) that I make the same goofy face in about half of the pictures I take!
- Personalized Bride/Groom key chains. Amazing!
Nicole, you were right; I totally needed this. It was a great opportunity to spend time with those closest to us, get excited about how close the wedding is (!!!) and really enjoy ourselves and relax.
It was also a great opportunity for us to try out our new toy - our gopro camera! Enjoy our highlight reel below (until Taylor Swift makes me take it down for borrowing her song haha)
See you all again soon! 17 days! (16 for those of you who I'll see at the rehearsal dinner!)