Hopefully you know at least one of us pretty well, but it's possible that you've only met our soon to be spouse a few times. Here are a few fun facts to bring you up to speed.
- Caitlin is 29, and was born on May 25th. Tom is 28 and was born on April 11th.
- Tom grew up in Greenwich, Connecticut, a town that has 11 elementary schools, a population of 61,000+ and is less than an hour from New York City. Caitlin grew up in Newport Center, Vermont, a town that has one street light (which is always flashing yellow/red), a population of 1,500 and the dirt road she lived on dead ends at the Canadian boarder about a mile up the road.
- Tom briefly considered going into music professionally, decided on a degree in religious studies from Colgate with the intention of becoming a minister, and eventually ended up as a fund accountant with a Masters in finance (yeah I don't know how that happened either). Caitlin, on the other hand, is a total nerd and knew from when she was little that she wanted to get a degree in mathematics, which she did from Northeastern University. She is now working as an actuary.
- Caitlin can't whistle or carry a tune. Tom sings in their church's choir, and was part of the Colgate 13--the a cappella group at his college. He still sings with their alumni group.
- Tom and Caitlin met at church. Tom grew up going to a UCC church in Greenwich, while Caitlin grew up without religion until she joined a joint UCC/Methodist church in Vermont when she was 16.
- Tom's first name is actually Edward.
- Caitlin can name all of the US presidents, in order.
- Both Tom and Caitlin have known their best friends since 1991.
- At any given time, Caitlin is usually reading 3 or 4 different books.
- Tom loves to swim in his free time, and used to play water polo.
- Caitlin's favorite dog is a French Bulldog. Tom prefers Corgis. They both think Maia the cat is pretty cool.
- Caitlin and Tom are both excited to be getting married, and can't wait to celebrate with you!